Saturday 16 February 2013

VALENTINE'S DAY 2013

14 February 2013

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

My day started very bad with my one boss going off on me about the alarm in front of the alarm company! It got a little bit better later when each of us received a flower from one of our colleagues and a rose was delivered for each of as from Zurich! That was very sweet. When I got home Shy told me there's a "Mr Price" in the bedroom for me ... my husband got me a teddy with a flower.

Then the cherry on top came for my day ... It was Volkskool's Athletics!!! Our little athlete looked so cute and we were all so excited! 


Our little Athlete with her Valentine's Day flower
The program started with the whole school chanting "Jam Blikke Vis Blikke" ... with the teachers. Then the Grade R's ran first and then our little ones all got a chance to run. Shy was just giggling away!!!

Waiting for the program to start

Chanting ... Jam Blikke Vis Blikke ...


Becoming a little bit nervous

Aaaah ... look at her go!!! 
Then they were all divided into groups ... I was one of the group leaders and we all took our little athletes to do field work! It was just too cute for words!!

First we did javelin with little broom sticks. Our parents were almost hit a few times (hie-hie-hie) ...


  After that they did shot put with little beanie bags ...


Fantastic shot!!!
The final item was long jump! They had a blast doing this one ...


 Shy showed us how many medallions she wants ...



Aaaaah ... they all had so much fun and then they all got a chance to receive their medallions (little chocolate coins on a string)!!! We are so proud Shy - you did so good!




Well done Volkskool! We had a blast! Can not wait until next year!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad the day ended well! Love these pics of the little athletes!

    ReplyDelete